Trip to Bukit Keluang

Assalamualaikum and hello guys....I hope everyone are doing well. Last months, I and my friends decide to went Kuala Terengganu but I change our plans last minute to went Bukit Keluang because I want hiking at there and also snorkeling .So we change our plans to went Bukit Keluang.

With a simple planning during my weekends, I went Bukit Keluang with my friends.We go there with my friend car actually there was our first time to get there because we all girls no boys to company us.

So I use Google maps to find Bukit Keluang.It is really good to giving a real direction.Bukit Keluang situated in Besut region, closed by to Kampung Raja, almost an hour journey from capital city of Terengganu and almost 2 hours journey from my home. Besut is a district which is situated at border of Terengganu and Kelantan, and locals speak by using Kelantanese dialect.

We were planning to go there at 7.am , at the end my friend woke up late . so , we went there at 7.45 from kb to besut . Our journey was so hectic because we don’t ever know about the road except follows the maps . After 2 hours we arrived at 9:50 am there.



There are two mains activity that frequently do by visitors:- 
1. Hiking; ando
2. Beach activities

My main target was hiking, so I bring no extra cloth.We wear a same clothes together. For this visit, we hire no tour guide.

Actually, there is no compulsory for it. There are two start point for hiking, choose on your own. 

Besides that I am not sure either there is any tour guide available or not for hiking Bukit Keluang. Distance for hiking almost 1 km and then walking on street to return to start point another km. Very easy and not so stressful for a beginner.

The Bukit Keluang (Keluang Hill) is famous for its sunrise watching activity. The trail is quite easy for me. I went over there with my friends. She is faster than me. haha. just 15 minutes, i reached the top and the view, OMG very beautiful. It is a must try hike for everyone.After 15 minutes we were hiking.

Finally, we get ourselves on the peak, or maybe it is more accurate to say "range of Peak of Bukit Keluang". Distance of the peak almost 1 km for hiking while total distance of the peak itself almost 3 km.



Local told me, the end of the peak is river mouth, Kuala Besut.But none hikers from outside is going to hike that total distance since due to safety which is that is not so popular trek. Before moving down we take a pictures .Okay, now we reached the limit of the peak. We were moving down, no more sea view. What left for us, only the jungle.



Finally we get down to the foot of the hill. From this point to the our start point, we have to walk almost half an hour on roadside.Actually every decision is on hikers, either to return via peak trek or never. We chose not to return.

At the roadside, there is a stall selling coconut water at only RM1 per cup. Very blissful to have coconut drink on hot bright day.

After hiking, me and my friends went to the beach and ride banana boat to Pulau Rhu.At Pulau Rhu we do snorkeling before we went at there we take a picture at beach.


On my way to Pulau Rhu, the boat driver stopped in the middle of sea, where the famous and mesmerising island cave was located there.The boat driver told us to take picture here because there was a famous cave at Pulau Rhu.It is beautiful who those who wants take a pictures.



After finish take picture we continue our journey to get destination where the place can snorkeling.Then we arrived at Pulau Rhu where we can snorkeling at there before we snorkeling the boat driver tells us to wear snorkeling equipment for safety and we can enjoy the snorkeling happily.


You can snorkeling even if you do not know how to swim. And do not worry as there are 2 workers took care of us when we snorkel. The coral are pretty (but quite dangerous. it is advisable to wear sock to avoid your feet from scratching and bleeding). You can see many aquatic animals there.

I saw a lot of people fishing at the river that are about to connect with the sea. The place is opposite direction with the beach. The view there also are very nice and the water are so clear!

My advise for those who are planning to come here (based on my experience) are;

1. Please wear a suitable shoes for hiking as it can be very slippery when you want to hike the Bukit Keluang.

2. Bring along a slipper when you walk along the beach or if you want to carry out activities at the beach.

3. Do not forget to bring waterproof camera if you want to snorkel.

My overall experience here are wonderful except for the trash that visitors left everywhere.

Finally we finish all our activities here and we decide to eat at Restaurant Zul Ikan Bakar , Kuala Besut for our dinner before we leave and back home.


Written by: Nor Qistina Batrisyia Binti Mohd Zuhairi

Section: AA101 sem 1



Comments