Review Novel : Aku Lelakimu (I'm Your Man)



 Aku Lelakimu (I'm Your Man) by Sara Aisha

The story line of this novel is totally different like 360 degrees different than what I usually read. Which is a rich man fall in love with poor girl types of novel. However, with this novel managed to makes me feel a rollercoaster emotion throughout a journey of reading this particular novels. Some of the scene can make my hearts beating so fast that I have to take a deep breath to go through every chapter without having a heart attack. This novel, makes me feel that every chapter is just so mysterious that I just can’t seem let it go. Usually, I could finish one novels with 700 till 800 pages within seven or eight hours nonstop but, with this novel maybe because they used like a particular specific terms that is quite hard to understand, like the psychotic type of minds.

The novel is about Tihani Rose, a crime journalist that involved in White Killer’s game. White killer is a serial killer that had killed young girls for practice as his words “You shall be my masterpieces, Tihani Rose”. That words make me shuddered as a reader, like he literally whispered the words to me. He is the defined definition as a psychopath. Then there’s Alexander Aryan, a crime novelist that’s a little mysterious he is a writer and he wrote lots of crime based on novels.


“What makes it even more interesting is the fact that they are invincible. They live among us , they walk among us .They … are us” . The fact that serial killers could walks and smiles make jokes and act like a complete gentleman and then suddenly killed someone that you love and care. It hurts thinking that one moment you’re still together with your beloved and five minutes later, they’re gone. Sadly, that’s what a young Tihani Rose had to go through. She lost her only sisters and companion, Eireen.

“Having zero empathy makes you a psychopath. Having too much empathy makes you a victim.” and “Fear is the greatest gift of all. Be happy that you have it in you” fear in this context is an instinct for survival. Both of these quotes were told by Alexander Aryan and it represents him in particular way. “I can smell it. The devils inside you” was the first word that White Killer said to Alexander Aryan.

“The prettiest smile hides the deepest secrets. The prettiest eyes have cried the most tears. And the kindest hearts have felt the most pain.” and that represents Tihani Rose. Nope, I am not going to give out a spoiler.

In psychopath minds, there are three sectors that was broken. First, bilateral amygdala that is responsible for the feeling like fear .Second, hippocampus is responsible for keeping the memories for humans feeling. Thirdly, temporal pole that allowed us to understand other people reactions.

These psychopaths just need something to trigger their inner feeling. White Killer triggered to kill because of Tihani. He found her eyes so intriguing that’s why he killed Eireen. He thought she was Tihani Rose, his first victim…and that’s a spoiler. Guess I spoke too soon. Hahaha. White killer did kept eyes from those victims as a trophy. I was literally stunned like why would he do that and how can he did that. Just how can he killed them and act like that. I just can’t brain it.. I guess that’s why psychotic mind runs whole different world than normal minds.

Overall, I just love how the story goes. The plot is amazing and I am in love with every little piece of it. There’s not a lot of romance going on but enough to get “butterflies in my stomach” Hahaha. Thank you to Miss writer Sara Aisha for this amazing novel. I have been reading almost all of your works and I have to say I am impressed that you always tried different type of genre. It shows your growth throughout the years. Love you…

Nur Ivana Ghufrani bt Rosli (AA101)

Comments